Sunday, November 14, 2010

Callie Tips Over a Grand-Daddy Muley

I wasn't there to help with this hunt, but this was one tag I was really hoping got filled this year.  I'll be honest though, I didn't expect the tag to get hung on a deer of this quality.  Those Nevada boys (and girls) really know how to get it done.  Congratulations to Callie on her first deer ever!   I did have the privilege of periodic updates from Mike, Callie's boyfriend/deer guide, while they were pursuing this monster, which almost made it feel like I was on the hunt.  Great shooting and hard hunting.  Sure hope one day I can collect an old white faced bruiser like this one.   Callie did  on her first hunt what a lot of people (including me) are still dreaming about.  Way to go girl!  Now go draw your sheep tag and we'll really be talking!

This photo here belongs on the cover of a magazine.  It's that good!                                                         

When you hit the hills with guys like these, two things happen.  1- Something usually dies.  2- You're gonna have a lot of fun.  The two on the left will be accompanying me on a Coues Deer hunt in two weeks.  Really looking forward to that hunt.

2 comments:

  1. My awesome boyfriend had confidence in me even when I didn't. I asked for a hunt and, boy, did I get it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go Callie! I'm so happy for you and am totally jealous of your beautiful monster. When we move back to Nevada, I'm gonna find me a babysitter and get a tag with you - that'll be one awesome hunt!

    ReplyDelete